Gauri Lankesh murder: Accused Parashuram Waghmare claims Karnataka SIT offered him Rs 25 lakh to confess to killing

Two accused arrested for the murder of journalist Gauri Lankesh’s murder last year have alleged that they were being coerced by the Karnataka Special Investigation Team (SIT) to confess to the crime.

While one suspect claimed that the Karnataka police offered him Rs 25 lakh to confess that he committed the crime, another alleged that his family was threatened.

“The Special Investigation Team (SIT) offered us Rs. 25 lakh to accept the crime,” Parashuram Waghmare said, according to a report by NDTV. Waghmare was being taken to court when he made the claim.

Another accused, Manohar Edave, also denied any involvement in the murder of the journalist at her Bengaluru home last year. said, “They threatened to implicate my family and friends unless I confessed to the murder,” he said.

When asked by the two suspects’ claims, an SIT officer refused to comment.

Left-leaning Lankesh, who was regularly wrote against Hindutva in her weekly Lankesh Patrike, was shot dead on September 5 last year by two motorcycle-borne assailants near her house here, triggering outrage.

14 suspects have been arrested in the case.

Right wing organisation Sanatan Sanstha, which has its headquarters at Ramnathi in south Goa, is currently under the scanner for involvement of its members in the killings of rationalists Narendra Dabholkar, Govind Pansare, MM Kalburgi and Gauri Lankesh.

Probe agencies suspect that the same group of right-wing activists is behind the killings of rationalists Dabholkar, Kalburgi and Lankesh. However, the probe agencies in Maharashtra and Karnataka, including the CBI, have not been able to establish the group’s link with the killing of rationalist and communist leader Pansare.

While Dabholkar was shot dead in Pune in August 2013, Pansare was shot at on February 16, 2015 in Kolhapur and succumbed to his injuries on February 20. Lankesh was killed at her house in Bengaluru in September last year while Kalburgi was shot dead at the entrance of his house in Karnataka’s Dharwad district on August 30, 2015.

The organisation has alleged that an ATS officer in Goa was trying to “pressurise” its office-bearers for providing information in connection with ongoing investigation into various cases.

A senior functionary of the right wing organisation on Thursday filed a complaint against the officer with the Goa ATS chief Karthik Kashyap.

Sanstha spokesman Chetan Rajhans claimed that the officer spoke in a “threatening manner” over phone with Virendra Marathe, the managing trustee of Sanstha, recently.

Kashyap didn’t respond to phone calls for comments.

“I think Anup Jalota is impotent, he had problems having an erection and only wanted oral s*x”: Aneesha Singh Sharma

An aspiring singer and model  Aneesha Singh Sharma has alleged in writing to the police that the Bhajan King forced her to have oral sex with her on 3-4 occasions, even while he was dating Jasleen Matharu. (Read Here)

In a very shocking revelation, she said: “He was fond of kinky sex and unnatural sex, but could never seem to get a proper erection,” she revealed to IndiaScoops.com.

Speaking to IndiaScoops.com she said: “He said he was too tired to have sex, but he wanted me to go down on him. This happened several times. I even thought that he was impotent and could not have an erection,” Aneesha told IndiaScoops.com.

In her written complaint to the police, which has been accessed by IndiaScoops.com, she alleged that the Bhajan King only asked her for oral s*x. He always seemed to have a problem with getting an erection, she told IndiaScoops.com on phone from the USA.

Jalota’s girlfriend Jasleen Matharu was pregnant and even had an abortion last year (Read Full Story Here).

The incident was preceded by a big fight between the two love-birds, she told IndiaScoops.com in an exclusive interview.

She also claimed that Jasleen’s family had disowned her and asked her to leave the family home (Read Here).

Aneesha has alleged Jalota threatened to kill her (Read Here) if she went to the cops about their relationship. She has submitted a written complaint through her lawyer to the cops.

The police are investigating the matter and have sent letters to Jalota’s residence and even to the Bigg Boss house, asking the Bhajan maestro to join the investigation and appear before the investigating officer in person to record his statement (Read Here).

The aspiring singer and model has had a controversial past. She was in the news months ago, when her intimate images were leaked by a fake casting director who allegedly claimed to be a film director and producer (Read Here).

She was also the talk of the town on social media when her n*de images went viral on Facebook (See pics here).

She has also claimed that the Bhajan guru and his student had discussed about revealing the status of their relationship on the first day of the show.

According to her interview with IndiaScoops.com, Jasleen was not in favor of spilling the beans on the first day. She wanted to show the world that the two found love on the show, after being locked up in the Bigg Boss house for weeks together. But the makers of the show had other plans. Read the full story here.

As per a Hindustan Times report, Jasleen’s father, Kesar Matharu was all furious while talking about their relationship. He had stated, “My relatives are saying you should not let your daughter enter the house. Someone was saying- had she been my daughter, I would have killed her. I don’t believe in such drastic steps. We don’t have any right to take our kids’ life, but if she has made a mistake, she will have to face the repercussions”.

In yet another interview with Aaj Tak, he had shared, “I had no clue about this. I was told they were entering as guru-shishya jodi. She never told me about this. When they made the announcement, my entire family couldn’t believe their eyes. We all got very angry. Within ten minutes, I started getting calls from friends. My wife, while watching the show, got up and went inside. It was very unexpected”.

Model Aneesha Singh Sharma alleges Jalota threatened to kill her if she went to the cops

A copy of the police complaint filed by model and singer Aneesha Singh Sharma who has accused Bhajan King Anup Jalota of molestation and cheating was viewed by IndiaScoops.com on Wednesday.

In her complaint filed by her lawyer, the aspiring model and singer has alleged that she did not approach the police for the last month or so, because she feared for her life. 

Also Read: Anup Jalota literally forced her to have ‘oral s*x’ with him on 3-4 occasions, even while he was dating Jasleen Matharu

In her complaint which was accessed by IndiaScoops.com she has stated that Jalota threatened to kill her if she went to the cops. She has claimed that she had nobody in Mumbai and lived alone and hence was scared to approach the police.

“Jalota was in touch with a lot of top politicians. He has a very good equation with a lot of BJP netas in Delhi and visits their official residences very often, where there are private shows and girls perform. He threatened me that the cops would not touch him and I would disappear without a trace, she alleged in her statement.

Also Read: “I think Anup Jalota is impotent, he had problems having an erection and only wanted oral s*x”: Aneesha Singh Sharma

She stated she had approached a publicist friend who told her to collect evidence in the form of Whats App messages and take screenshots of them as evidence. However, since she shifted to the USA in August, the matter was left unresolved, she claimed.

Also Read: Jasleen was pregnant and had an abortion last year

The police are investigating the matter and have sent letters to Jalota’s residence and even to the Bigg Boss house, asking the Bhajan maestro to join the investigation and appear before the investigating officer in person to record his statement (Read Here)

Aneesha Singh Sharma told IndiaScoops.com on phone that she had a fight with Jalota in the first week of August. She confronted him and asked him to fulfill his promises.

Also Read: Anup Jalota even clicked my nude pics: Aneesha Singh Sharma

“He had promised to marry me and take me into the Bigg Boss house as his ‘jodi’ or partner. When I asked him about it, he got furious and threatened to kill me. He was in a very violent mood and pushed me. I fell to the ground and fearing that he would hit me, I somehow managed to leave the place,” Aneesha told IndiaScoops.com. 

Aneesha maybe new to filmdom, but she  is definitely not new to controversy.

Also Read: Classical Singer Razia Nair Rao accuses Anup Jalota of hitting on her

She was in the news months ago, when her intimate images were leaked by a fake casting director who allegedly claimed to be a film director and producer (Read Here). She was the talk of the town on social media when her n*de images went viral on Facebook (See pics here).

She also claimed on her Facebook wall that she was having a live-in affair with popular Bollywood and film publicist Flynn Remedios, who has rubbished all her allegations. She later apologized to Remedios and reversed her allegations, when Remedios sent her a legal notice, stating thereafter that the duo were ‘just good friends’. Remedios had told media persons then that Aneesha was going thru a bad patch and was mentally unstable.

Jalota was in the news last week after the aspiring model and singer Aneesha Singh Sharma accused him of cheating. Aneesha alleged she was in an off-and-on relationship with the Bhajan maestro for almost six months.

In a statement to IndiaScoops.com, Aneesha had said, “Jalota promised to get me into Bigg Boss 12 and told me that I would be his ‘jodi’ on the popular reality show. We even had sex twice in the last six months,” further adding that, “She did not mind having sex with Jalota as he professed his love for her and said he wanted to settle down with her. He promised me marriage,” Aneesha told IndiaScoops.com.

Aneesha has filed a written complaint with the police who have decided to summon the Bhajan King. Speaking to IndiaScoops.com, she stated she has demanded that Jalota be arrested and the police carry out custodial interrogation of the accused who had sex with her twice under the false pretext of getting her a role in the popular reality show Bigg Boss hosted by Salman Khan.

Her lawyer Sabina Khan has sent a separate complaint letter to the police, addressed to the Mumbai police commissioner, sources told IndiaScoops.com.

Congress leader alleges former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee passed away on 14 Aug, was kept on life-support to ensure Modi’s I-Day address not cancelled?

In a shocking revelation, which cannot be confirmed independently, a senior Goa Congress leader has alleged that former PM and senior BJP leader Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee had breathed his last on 14th August late evening or during the intervening night of 14-15 August itself, but his demise was kept a top secret and he was put on life-support on the instructions of the PMO to ensure that 15th August – Independence Day was not declared a day of mourning, resulting in the cancellation of all events and I-Day programs across the country, including the PM’s Red Fort speech.

This was also done keeping in mind national security and law and order issues, the Congress leader told IndiaScoops.com.

The Goa Congress leader later clarified to IndiaScoops.com that he was not able to verify this information, and it was based on messages floating on social media.

He however did state that some senior Goa BJP Ministers were aware of the demise of the former PM on 15th morning itself, and a pall of gloom had descended on their faces during the I-Day functions, across the State.

IndiaScoops.com has not been able to independently confirm or verify any of these allegations and does not subscribe or endorse them. This post is published, merely based on messages which have appeared on social media over the last 3 days and some conflicting press reports, which were edited and republished later on.

We tried to ask several prominent citizens and political leaders across the country to clarify the gossip on social media, but they all stated that besides the Prime Minister, the PMO and a handful of top AIIMS doctors, nobody would be in the know, even if it did happen and the rumours were true.

“If a decision was taken by the Prime Minister himself, in the interest of national security and law and order in the country, besides the PM and a couple of doctors including the AIIMS director, nobody could tell if it’s true or false,” said a former Union Minister and Supreme Court advocate, speaking to IndiaScoops.com.

However, it must be pointed out that similar rumors have been doing the rounds on social media platforms, since the evening of 15th August, with BJP workers expecting the worst.

IndiaScoops.com contacted several BJP leaders and politicians from different parts of the country, who re-directed us to the PMO saying they were not authorised to comment or give inputs on matters relating to the Prime Minister or the PMO.

PMO officials were not available for comment on 15th August.

Even an article in The Statesman – which was edited and corrected later on, mentioned and reported the premature news.

While the official announcement was made by AIIMS only after 5.15 pm on 16th August, The Statesman reported that ‘rumours started floating around 2.30 pm that the BJP leader was no more, after Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the hospital, but the AIIMS authorities are yet to release any statement.’

Social media gossip allegedly claims that Vajpayee passed away late evening or during the night of 14-15th August, but to ensure that there was no disruption in the I-day events, the hospital authorities did not release the news on the instructions of the PMO.

The former PM was kept on life-support, also with the hopes of reviving him, but the doctors were not successful and after PM Modi visited the hospital on 16th August around noon, the decision was taken to pull off the life-support and withdraw the machines, announcing the demise.

According to media reports, PM Modi visited AIIMS on two occassions on 16th August, further fueling rumors of the former PM’s demise.

An AIIMS statement late on 14th August evening said:  “Unfortunately, Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s condition has worsened over the last 24 hours. His condition is critical and he is on life support system,” AIIMS said in the last statement issued late on Wednesday.

Social media users took this as a hint, gossiping that Shri Vajpayee had passed away and several posts started doing the rounds on Facebook, alleging that the former PM was no more.

Vajpayee had only one functional kidney. In 2009, he had suffered a stroke, which weakened his cognitive abilities. Subsequently, he developed dementia, says The Statesman report.

Justifying the delayed decision a member on Quora – a social media platform writes:

All decorations at the BJP office that were made on the eve of Independence Day were taken down this morning (16th August morning). Death of Bala Saheb (Bal Thackeray) was also declared many hours later because everyone was afraid of crowds and public outrage that could’ve taken place.

Firstly, national security is taken into attention (sic) during these situations. Secondly, traffic situations are considered and only then any declaration takes place, the user writes.

Several such posts have appeared on social media, giving credence or trying to justify the conspiracy theory and rumours that our beloved former PM Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee may have passed away much earlier than it was actually declared by the Government of India. 

What do you think? Tell us in the comments below…